Malawi Impact Survey
|Coverage:||Three districts in Central Malawi|
|Collection Dates:||Late Jan - Early April of 2008 and 2010|
|Executing Agency:||IRIS Center|
|Access Policy:||Available for free use by the public|
|Other surveys for this country:||Financial Diaries survey (2008 to 2009)|
|Comments:||This survey was done as part of the Financial Services Assessment project.|
Description of Dataset
As part of the Financial Services Assessment project, funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), the IRIS center conducted an impact evaluation of a BMGF funded project aimed to increase access to formal financial institutions of rural households in Central Malawi. Panel data were gathered from a survey of 2,006 households during 2008 and 2010. See below for details.
- Basic Information Document - The document provides description of the study and detailed information on the methodology used to implement the survey.
- Interviewer Manual - The Interviewer Manual provides much valuable information on the details of how the survey was implemented. It provides instructions on how to interpret the main concepts in the questionnaire and instructions for individual questions.
- Questionnaires - The base line and end line questionnaires are essential tools for using the Panel Survey data.
- Baseline Questionnaire (2008) PDF
- End line Questionnaire (2010) PDF
To use the data, we ask that you fill in a Data User Agreement. Please fill out this form to provide your name, address, institutional affiliation, and intended use of the data. In addition please confirm that you have read and understand the data user agreement and that you will abide by it. Use of data obligates you to cite the source of the data and to send electronic copies of papers to us.
This agreement allows us to know who is using our data and the types of studies being done by users. By filling out this form, you not only comply with the agreements reached by all parties in implementing the survey, but also help us to keep you informed about any additional information related to the survey.
Once you have submitted the form, you will receive instructions to download the data from us.